Everything was ready, as far as I could tell, so I went through the set-up process on Amazon, uploaded the new book file, and hit save. It went along its merry way of … doing whatever it does for 72 hours, probably making sure it’s not plagiarized or something.
And I realized
The title page still says “published on [date]”
New record: Stupidest possible mistake
So… new non-Healers, “light-ish novel” book will be out tomorrow, hopefully. This is just for the ebook so far, so I just have to re-upload it. It’s…. …. …fine. It’s fine.
EDIT, next day: Okay, it’s fixed. It’s up on Gumroad as pay-what-you-want, because I wanted to experiment with that option. So… next would be print formatting, which is a complete self-indulgent bit of nonsense, but hey, so is this whole project!
EDIT, the day after that (11/30): Print formatting done. Ordered a proof. Amazon lost the cute font I was using for the chapter headers, so I’m a little salty, but I really should have known better. Oh well. We’ll see how it looks in the proof.
We’re about a week out from my self-declared due date for novella feedback, which means that if all goes well, I can launch it within a couple of weeks?!
- collect any other feedback
- make some more edits based on that (I’ve gotten some great comments already!)
- finalize text, test digital version again, lay out for print
- design paperback spine/cover (have the digital/front cover now)
- Today I’ve managed to outline most of 5 novellas in the series, to complete the overplot that’s teased in this first one. ???? I mean, none of this existed even in the slightest glimmer 3 months ago. I’m consciously deciding not to question it, and to run with this as long as it lasts.
Still working on outlining the next Healers book, too. I feel like I’m still in the “dump out all the Legos on the floor and sort through them” phase.
Fall 2022 Anime Rambling
- The Healers’ Purpose just hit 100 copies on Amazon; round numbers are neat. Several on Gumroad as well. Ironically, Gumroad sends me an email each and every time a copy of something sells, but I pay less attention to it. That doesn’t seem right. I ought to either check it more often or turn off those alerts. Maybe both. Anyway, that’s nice.
- The new side project is in the hands of a couple of beta readers; thanks, folks, even though you can’t “hear” me here! Commissioned a cover illustration that I really love, and sent it over to my usual titles/design expert with a bunch of examples of English light-novel covers and an explanation of what the hell I’m trying to do here. Should be fun.
Recommendations / book talk:
In which I squee, a lot, about Mindtouch
Welcome! Here are the newest releases. (I’m trying to be concise for once. Can you tell?)
Healers / Balance Academy Series Book 3: The Healers’ Purpose
Amazon US / UK / CA / AU – print and ebook
Gumroad – ebook (EPUB, MOBI or PDF)
Barnes & Noble / Nook – ebook
Rakuten Kobo – ebook
On Goodreads – rate and review
Content Notes / Trivia
Released mid-August 2022
Fantasy novella (“light-ish novel”) Book 3: How I Became a Therapist in Another World 3
Amazon (ebook): US / UK / CA / AU
Gumroad (ebook) Coming soon!
Content notes / Trivia
Released early June 2023
Looking for beta readers for book 4 of Therapist! (Will supply copies of books 1-3 if needed.) Email wheel.of.a.different.color at gmail dot com or message u/ofthecageandaquarium on Reddit.