- There’s less dark psychological stuff this time around, just one demon that isn’t especially scary.
- More violence, though (whoops?): two battles against supernatural snake-creatures. The main characters are also held up by a group of people with swords, though that’s more of a “block your path while brandishing a weapon” situation and not a directly-held-at-swordpoint situation. It’s still not a good time.
- Still an isekai story – there are references to a couple of characters’ deaths, including the protagonist.
- Swearing: This time around we have a side character who swears a lot, generally PG-13 level cursing (hell/damn level, no f-bombs or gendered/sexual curses). One character makes a rude gesture.
- Sexual content: Similar to book 2, there is on-page kissing (f/f) and vague allusions to other off-page activity.
- Ongoing side plot about magical retconning / rewriting people’s memories.