Just two things before I forget, it’s been a long day:
- Took print off the agenda for Therapist. I did a print layout, but the spine is so tiny that I can’t get a reasonably readable title to fit on it. It feels like a silly outcome, but oh well. I plan to continue with ebook releases and then put together a print edition if (when!!) the four novellas are done. An omnibus would be comfortably book-sized.
- In the anime roundup, I forgot to mention another back-catalog series we started: Kemono Michi: Rise Up. Boy, where to even begin. Pro wrestling. Magical animal loving. Isekai. Yeah, I guess you begin there. Nearly every character is wholesomely dumb as a bag of hammers, especially the lead, who lives to a) pet every animal b) cause cartoonish bodily harm to anyone who harms animals and c) nothing else, that’s all, that’s the whole list. This was Spouse’s choice (as a pro wrestling fan), but I’m surprised how much it’s made me laugh. Who knew?
Everything was ready, as far as I could tell, so I went through the set-up process on Amazon, uploaded the new book file, and hit save. It went along its merry way of … doing whatever it does for 72 hours, probably making sure it’s not plagiarized or something.
And I realized
The title page still says “published on [date]”
New record: Stupidest possible mistake
So… new non-Healers, “light-ish novel” book will be out tomorrow, hopefully. This is just for the ebook so far, so I just have to re-upload it. It’s…. …. …fine. It’s fine.
EDIT, next day: Okay, it’s fixed. It’s up on Gumroad as pay-what-you-want, because I wanted to experiment with that option. So… next would be print formatting, which is a complete self-indulgent bit of nonsense, but hey, so is this whole project!
EDIT, the day after that (11/30): Print formatting done. Ordered a proof. Amazon lost the cute font I was using for the chapter headers, so I’m a little salty, but I really should have known better. Oh well. We’ll see how it looks in the proof.
We’re about a week out from my self-declared due date for novella feedback, which means that if all goes well, I can launch it within a couple of weeks?!
- collect any other feedback
- make some more edits based on that (I’ve gotten some great comments already!)
- finalize text, test digital version again, lay out for print
- design paperback spine/cover (have the digital/front cover now)
- Today I’ve managed to outline most of 5 novellas in the series, to complete the overplot that’s teased in this first one. ???? I mean, none of this existed even in the slightest glimmer 3 months ago. I’m consciously deciding not to question it, and to run with this as long as it lasts.
Still working on outlining the next Healers book, too. I feel like I’m still in the “dump out all the Legos on the floor and sort through them” phase.
Fall 2022 Anime Rambling
Welcome! Here are the newest releases. (I’m trying to be concise for once. Can you tell?)
Healers / Balance Academy Series Book 3: The Healers’ Purpose
Amazon US / UK / CA / AU – print and ebook
Gumroad – ebook (EPUB, MOBI or PDF)
Barnes & Noble / Nook – ebook
Rakuten Kobo – ebook
On Goodreads – rate and review
Content Notes / Trivia
Released mid-August 2022
Fantasy novella (“light-ish novel”) Book 1: How I Became a Therapist in Another World
Amazon (ebook): US / UK / CA / AU
Gumroad – ebook, pay what you want
Content Notes / Trivia
Released late November 2022